Why can I not let go of the past?
Intelligent, Reliable, Attractive.
Annual evaluation: Exceeds expectations in all categories. Answers one third of total volume of office contacts in an office of twenty. Multiple merit awards.
Annual salary evaluation: Cost of living increase. Nothing more.
Fuck you. I’m out.
The light’s winning. True Detective S01E08
- Rust: “Yeah, I think you remember how I never watched the TV until I was 17, so there wasn’t much to do up there but walk around, explore, and...”
- Marty: “And look up at the stars and make up stories. Like what?”
- Rust: “I tell you Marty I been up in that room looking out those windows every night here just thinking, it’s just one story. The oldest.”
- Marty: “What’s that?”
- Rust: “Light versus dark.”
- Marty: “Well, I know we ain’t in Alaska, but it appears to me that the dark has a lot more territory.”
- Rust: “Yeah, you’re right about that.(...) You’re looking at it wrong, the sky thing.”
- Marty: “How’s that?”
- Rust: “Well, once there was only dark. You ask me, the light’s winning.”